Washington Presbyterian church was started as a Sunday School Mission in the spring of 1823. During theses 184 years there has been more than 40 pastors and supply pastors. Rev, William Templeton served the longest, 34 years. The church has changed its name several times we have been the 1st African Presbyterian Church, Second Presbyterian Church, Washington United Presbyterian Church, and finally our present name Washington Presbyterian Church U.S.A. The first building was a log cabin, and it was located at Washington and Mulberry St. the church building at this location was completed in 1849at a cost of $1500. The church was relocated to it's present location, 715 Nth 10th street, In 1963. The church has been part of two Presbyteries, The Philadelphia Presbytery and at present the Lehigh Presbytery. We are the only African American church in this Presbytery. Our members have served on many boards of the presbytery including Moderator of the Lehigh Presbyterian. Washington Presbyterian Church has never been a large congregation there have been many times when there was one worshipper to open the doors, but by the grace of God we continue to be one of his witnesses in our community.